Thursday 19 July 2012

Personal reflections & Critique 

 

Rene Descartes views were the first to establish that a mind exists and that one can be aware of it.
He stated “I can conceive the mind without the body and vice versa. If I can view them distinctly, they are distinct”. However, there is a tremendous interaction between the two-e.g. psychosomatic diseases.
He also once stated that, “thinking and reasoning are different from physical states.” However, when thinking of examples, we realize that we do not perceive colors as a matrix of molecules reflecting light. Warmth does not feel like molecules vibrating. As a result, they both go hand and hand


1 comment:

  1. I have a great fun reading your blogs. You are really a great writer. Thank you for making this beautiful and awesome blogs. Hope to read more post from you in the future. Please don't forget to visit me in my site @ www.imarksweb.org. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete